Three years ago a teenage girl with serious health problem died because of choking, she swallowed a latex glove. The 16-year-old had cerebral palsy and autism. At that fatal night she was found unconscious in the bathroom of one of Adelaide's medical centres.
Now the expert says that this death could be avoided as everyone knew that the girl used to put everything in her mouth, anyway, no one removed dangerous thing for her. He adds she needed more thorough care and control, but the care she had, was absolutely inadequate.
The teenager's parents say they hope such terrible thing will not happen to children anymore. The expert said that hospitals have to provide disabled children with enough care and take their features into account.