Catherine McGuigan, who worked in Murray's veterinary service, admitted to the State Administrative Tribunal that she took a vial of ketamine with her on weekends to inject herself and her two friends. And this was not the first case of a woman using drugs intended for animals.
The woman watched the dosage on the Internet and calculated how much to inject to her friends to achieve the desired effect.
Ketamine is strictly regulated by health regulations and medicines and is intended for horses only (for humans as well, but in rare cases), but it should be kept in a closed first aid kit and its use should be carefully monitored. Of course, Catherine McGigan ignored these rules and requirements.
The former veterinarian was fined a total of $ 2,900 and removed from the Australian State Veterinary Register.