All publications of AU-38355 . Sydney , Australia

Publications
https://avalanches.com/au/sydney__a_dangerous_tropical_virus_japanese_encephalitis_is_spreading_in_au1931194_18_04_2022

A dangerous tropical virus, Japanese encephalitis, is spreading in Australia. It has been identified in residents in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.


The virus is carried by mosquitoes, it has already infected 34 people, 3 of them died. Many pigs also died.

Previously, Australia has never been a region where the tropical diseases characteristic of Asia have spread. The climate of the continent was not conducive to rapid transmission of the virus. However, recent floods have made it possible for the virus to spread through mosquitoes thanks to puddles of stagnant water. Such puddles often appear after the strongest tropical downpours. Thus, the virus has traveled hundreds of kilometers to the southern and western parts of the country via mosquitoes.

Show more
0
2
https://avalanches.com/au/sydney_the_veterinarians_medical_license_was_revoked_after_she_injected_her_1902565_24_11_2021

Catherine McGuigan, who worked in Murray's veterinary service, admitted to the State Administrative Tribunal that she took a vial of ketamine with her on weekends to inject herself and her two friends. And this was not the first case of a woman using drugs intended for animals.

The woman watched the dosage on the Internet and calculated how much to inject to her friends to achieve the desired effect.

Ketamine is strictly regulated by health regulations and medicines and is intended for horses only (for humans as well, but in rare cases), but it should be kept in a closed first aid kit and its use should be carefully monitored. Of course, Catherine McGigan ignored these rules and requirements.

The former veterinarian was fined a total of $ 2,900 and removed from the Australian State Veterinary Register.

Show more
0
28
Show more
Fair
Show more