- Protection of data and maintaining the confidentiality of the User is possible for their data. The information must be obtained during the stay of participants on the site or when they using resources of The Avalanches Free Social Journalism Project and its functions.
- It is not a media outlet. Our staff does not have an editorial board to make edits to useful articles. The resource is not directly responsible for the material posted on its pages.
- The principle of information protection (hereinafter referred to as the Policy) covers the data that the Avalanches project receives from the User when interacting with the Resource. The user must use the services, products, or features of Avalanches (hereinafter referred to as the Project or Resource). The Resource must also conclude any agreements or contracts with project participants to protect their data.
- The Avalanches project specifically protects the data of participants and respects their right to confidentiality. Therefore, the Policy received a description:
- member data, processed by the Avalanches Resource
- the purposes of processing and collecting data when a user using the Avalanches Resource;
- the principle by which information received from the Avalanches Project website is processed.
- Using the Resource, the User acknowledges and agrees to the processing of his data voluntarily. A list of these data is outlined in this Policy. If disagreements arise, the participant should stop visiting the Project website or reach out to the Project on our Facebook page direct messages: https://www.facebook.com/avalanches.global
- Resource Avalanches analyzes and collects personal data with great respect. This is about:
- data obtained when user filling out registration forms, authorization, and identification of the User on the site;
- data from cookie files;
- IP addresses and locations.
- Personal data of Avalanches.com users is stored on secured servers.
- Avalanches.com users should be aware of the fact that some links published on our Platform could lead to potentially unsafe resources (website, applications, etc.) outside of our Platform that could also harvest their data. Our Platform does not take responsibility for the harvested data or any other consequence of following outbound links published by our Users on avalanches.com.
- The personal data of individual Avalanches.com platform users is processed by Avalanches LP that is represented by an a person registered under the laws of the Republic of Ireland, with its registered office at Office 29, Clifton House, Fitzwilliam Street Lower, Dublin 2, D02 XT91 (hereinafter - Company). The company is the owner of the Data Base that is storing Avalanches.com Personal User Data.
User data that could be processed by the Avalanches Project
- Such information as user email address or phone number and password are essential to creating an account. It is impossible to become an avalanches.com user without sharing such data.
- Any information provided by participants voluntarily, personally, and related to an individual is considered as personal data of the participant. Our users take full responsibility for their personal data provided to avalanches.com.
- Phone number is required to be provided in order to verify a user and grant access to a full spectrum of our Services.
- The personal data of the participant to be processed is considered to be any data provided during registration or in the process of using the Resource. Data is transmitted and posted by participants on the site voluntarily, including information transmitted to the Resource from other Internet services or social networks (e-mail, photo, name, gender, age, academic degree, etc.).
- Data that is automatically transmitted to the Project while using the site is also used for processing. Data is transmitted by the software of the participant installed on his device. The resource automatically receives the following information:
- Member IP Address
- data from cookies;
- technical parameters of the User’s equipment;
- information about the software used by the project participant;
- date and time of access to Avalanches;
- usage history and page requests, as well as other information of a similar nature.
- The Avalanches project does not verify the accuracy of the personal data provided by the User. When using and registering in the Project, the participants guarantee the completeness and conformity of the information provided in person.
- Offers and Deals: In order to serve as a platform for commercial deals, barter exchanges, or giveaways, the Platform is authorized to display User contact information, which is essential to initiate a deal between a Buyer and a Seller. The Users are fully responsible for the contact information provided to the website. The user has to be aware that his contact information or even home address could be made available publicly on our Platform in order to conduct Deals.
- After a User gets in contact with the Platform support, the Platform retains authority to ask for additional personal information in order to further verify the user.
- User data from the outbound profiles that were used to register a user profile on avalanches.com using authentication services (Facebook, Google, etc.) is granted to be processed by Avalanches.
The goals of processing Avalanches Resource are:
- Identification of the participant in the Project, as well as for contracts and agreements with the Resource.
- The provision of a wider range of services and the implementation of various agreements or contracts with the participant.
- Communication with the User, including requests and notifications, as well as sending information governing the use of the site, the execution of contracts and agreements, as well as the processing of applications and requests received from the participant.
- Improving the quality of the Resource, its functionality, content, and information content.
- Creation of promotional materials targeted at an interested audience.
- Data collection for various studies, including statistical, based on anonymized data.
Information that is not processed or collected by the Avalanches
Personal user data regarding ethnic heritage, political or religious views and beliefs, participation in the political parties, labor unions, etc.
Methods, procedure, and conditions for processing user data
- Avalanches maintain data confidentiality by internal regulations.
- Data confidentiality is maintained, except in cases where the User has voluntarily consented to the disclosure of certain information for public access on the site or through its functions.
Conditions of transferring User data to third parties
Transfer of the User’s data to third parties can be carried out in the following cases:
- The user has consented to the transfer of part of his data.
- For comfortable use of the functionality of the Resource or the execution of a contract or agreement.
- The transfer is necessary to provide the participant with the services or functions of the Resource provided by the partners of the site related to the site technologically. Personal data may be transferred for processing or achieving goals, which are determined by the User Agreement with the corresponding services.
- The transfer is provided for by the laws of the User’s country of which he is a resident or otherwise applicable.
- Third parties can transfer to the personal data obtained during various types of studies or measurements, including statistical, for analysis and provision of services or work on the instructions of the Project;
- The resource minimizes possible access to personal data of participants, opening access only to site employees and partners who need this information to carry out work or ensure the smooth operation of the Project.
Conditions of accessing User data by other Users
- User data could be accessed by another Platform User on the Fair section of the avalanches.com website in order to initiate a Deal between the two. Such information could be nothing more than contact information (email address, phone number, or social media links) and location address.
- The Platform retains the right to share confidential user data with authorities according to local law: to stop and bring to the responsibility fraudulent users, clearing up misunderstandings, or to back up the arguments that could/are violating the local laws. Also, the Platform may disclose user data by discovering their illegal intents that are taking place on the Website or by receiving complaints from other platform Users.
Storage, deletion, and modification of User data
- The user has the right and the ability at any time to use the site to partially or completely change his data using the account editing function when visiting the Resource personal account.
- The user has the right and opportunity at any time to completely delete his data provided to him when registering on the Project website by deleting an account. However, this can lead to a restriction of the participant’s access to certain functions of the site.
- Personal data is stored during the entire time you use the account on the site. It also stores data that does not require a registered participant or any action with contracts or agreements. The termination of the use and termination of user agreements of the account on the Resource website is considered the fact of the deletion of the member's account.
Counters, cookies, social networks
- The pages of the Project automatically collect information about the use of the site’s functionality using cookies. The data obtained with their help is intended to provide the participant with personalized functions, improve, generate advertising campaigns, as well as to conduct various studies.
- The use of certain functions of the Resource may be provided only if cookies are permitted and received. If a participant prohibits the receipt or acceptance of cookies by changing the browser settings, access to such site functionality may be limited.
- Cookies and counters placed on the pages of the Project website can be used to collect, process, and subsequently analyze the information received on the interaction of participants with the website, to ensure the operability of its functions or in general. The technical parameters of the meters are set by the Project and are subject to change without prior notice to the User.
User Data Protection Measures
- The resource takes technical and organizational measures to ensure the necessary level of protection of personal and confidential data from unlawful actions of third parties or malware, for example, destruction, blocking, modification, copying, distribution or accidental access, and others.
- Changes in the Policy may be affected by the laws of countries where access to the Project website is open or the requirements of international law.
- The resource reserves the right to edit the current Policy. When making the appropriate changes to the current edition, the date of its last update is indicated. The new edition comes into force from the moment it is published on the site if this does not contradict the new version of the Policy and the laws of the countries in which access to the Project website is open.
- The Resource editors have the right not to publish content (articles, comments, statements, etc.) received from the User, if the information posted by the User can be regarded by the Project Editors as containing calls to:
- fomenting interracial or military confrontation;
- psychological or physical abuse;
- the commission of acts of terrorism, vandalism, civil disobedience;
- human trafficking, slavery, or pornography.
The editors also have the right not to publish any other information that violates the legal framework of the country of residence of the User or international law.
Responsibility of the Resource and User
- Any information that a participant publishes on the site on his behalf, he places on the Project website voluntarily. Information will be published if the participant passes SMS authorization with confirmation of his local location by the agreements and the rules for the placement of the Resource. In the future, the participant is responsible for the accuracy of the published material personally.
- The editors of the Project are not responsible for the accuracy of the information posted on the site.
- The rules of the Project prohibit copying and posting on the pages of the Resource information that falls under the copyright law.
- The Resource rules prohibit copying and disseminating information from the pages of the Project website without the knowledge and personal consent of the author.