Cleachdadh briosgaidean agus teicneòlasan coltach ris
Next, we'll explain how Avalanches, our partners, and third-party companies use these technologies, as well as privacy settings and other features available.
Meaning of Cookies, Pixels, and Local Storage
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. Like many other services, we use pixels to see if you have interacted with specific content on a website or email. This helps us evaluate and improve our services and personalize your experience.
Local storage is a standard technology that allows a website or app to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with our services.
Why do we use these technologies?
We use these technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our services in a wide variety of ways. These technologies are commonly used in the following categories of activities.
Verification of authenticity and security:
- Logging on to Avalanches
- Ensuring your security.
- Viewing content with distribution restrictions.
- Detecting and eliminating spam, insults, and other activities that violate Avalanches Community Rules.
- For example, these technologies help authenticate access to Avalanches and prevent unauthorized access to your account. They also allow us to show you content relevant to your interests in our services.
- Store information about your browser and your preferences.
- For example, we use a cookie to remember your preferred language or the country you are in. That way we can show content in the language you want without having to ask you every time you visit Avalanches. On Avalanches, we can also tailor content depending on the country, such as showing country-relevant topics or blocking access to certain content based on local laws. For more information about relevant topics and content that is restricted in a particular country.
Analytics and research:
- The ability to understand how people use our services, including Avalanches buttons and widgets to then improve them.
- The ability to customize our services to show you more relevant content, such as individual relevant topics, stories, ads, and recommendations.
- For example, local storage tells us which sections of your Avalanches feeds you've already viewed so we can show you new content. Cookies help us more accurately recommend users you are likely to enjoy reading based on your browsing of websites.
Personalization on different devices:
- By getting more data about device interconnectivity, we can use information from one device to personalize Avalanches on another device.
- When you sign in to Avalanches on your device, we link that device to your Avalanches account. Whether or not you are logged into Avalanches, we may also receive information about your devices in the following cases (the list is not complete): an affiliate has provided us with this information; you have accessed avalanches.com; you have accessed a third-party site that uses embedded Avalanches content. We may use this information (most commonly IP addresses and time of receipt) to link various devices, including those with which you have logged into Avalanches.
Where are these technologies used?
We (together with third parties) use these technologies on our websites, in our applications and services, and on other websites, in other applications and services integrated with our services (including third-party sites that use our advertising technology). Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you click on links on our websites or applications, view or interact with third-party content as part of our services, and visit third-party websites that use our advertising technology."