Education plays a pivotal role in all of our lives and paves the way for all of us to reach our highest potential. When we talk about the importance of education in life, it is extremely important to understand what is education? In this blog, we explore the importance of education in life, the significance of modern education and its many aspects.
What is Education?
Education is the medium that gives us the skills, techniques, information and knowledge to know, understand and respect the duties we have towards our society, families and the nation. Therefore, the magnitude of the importance of education in life is huge as well as multifold. The importance of education in life is that it helps everyone develop a good perspective of looking at the world and our society. Education helps us in getting new ideas and exploring new ideas.
Importance of Education
Education helps a person to get knowledge and improve confidence in life. It can help you improve in your career and your personal growth. An educated person can become a great citizen in society. It helps you to take the right decisions in life.
The modern, developed and industrialised world is running on the wheels of education. To be able to survive in the competitive world, we all need education as a torch that leads the way. Mentioned below are the various features of education which outline the importance of education in human life:
• Safety Against Crime: The chances of an educated person getting involved in crime or criminal acts are very low. An educated person is well aware of his/ her surroundings and is less susceptible to getting cheated or be fooled.
• Women Empowerment: The empowerment of women is an essential and important pillar to optimize the good functioning of our society and nation as a whole. We can break old customs like child marriage, sati, dowry, etc only by educating the men and women of our nation. The fundamental right of Right to Freedom and Expression can only be achieved if the women of our country are educated and empowered. We can win the fight against the many social evils.
• Removing Poverty: Education is pivotal in removing our poverty from our society and our country. The clutches of poverty are very harsh and one of the main factors behind all the problems of our society. If a person if well educated, he/she can get a good job and earn money to sustain his/ her family.
• Preventing War and Terrorism: Education teaches everyone the importance of peace and brotherhood. The importance of staying united and spreading love is the need of the hour. To achieve world peace and prevent war and terrorism, education is important.
• Maintaining Law and Order: A good political ideology can only be developed if the citizens of our country are educated and taught the importance of following and respecting the law and order of our country. Law-abiding citizens contribute majorly in improving and sustaining the law and order of the country and the world
Importance of Education for a Country
Mentioned below are the reasons why education is important for our country, as well as any country in the world.
• Citizens of a country understand their true potential through the means of education.
• Education helps is getting an individual a good-paying job, which helps in improving the economic status of his/ her family.
• It teaches an individual the importance of differentiating between good and bad as well as right and wrong.
• An educated person can strive for the betterment of a country,
• More educated individuals help in creating more jobs for everyone. This is turn helps in solving the problem of unemployment in the country.
• Voting which is one of the basic tenets of our thriving democracy is better understood and utilised as a right only through the means of education.
Education as a Tool for Development
The stakeholders of education, namely, governments, organisations and students themselves agree on its multidimensional essentiality. High-quality education, particularly tertiary education is a major catalyst of development in families across the income spectrum. Further, with the integration of multidimensional goals, the importance of education has accentuated and individuals have grown more conscious towards the environment and society developing an awareness lacking in previous generations. Published on the World Bank blog, the article “Education is Fundamental to Development and Growth” aptly summarises the fact that education, through various methods, carries the potential to transform people’s lives.
Importance of Education: Understanding our Responsibilities
An uneducated individual can never be fully aware of their responsibilities towards each other as human beings and the world as a whole. As human beings, we have to give back to the society we live in and make it a better place to live for everybody. Proper education teaches an individual to think beyond than their own personal interests and helps them in developing an ability to make the world a happier, safer place for the next generation.
Emphasis on Creativity
One of the major points of importance of education today stems from the fact that the multifarious tools and techniques adopted afford greater avenues of creativity in various shapes and forms. Universities study curricula not only includes drama and art in education but also sports, athletics, public speaking, entrepreneurship, photography, diplomacy, volunteering and much more. With technology changing the face of education, students can utilise digital advancements to gain an all-round understanding of their chosen field of interest and develop an awareness of the prevalent issues and further to contribute towards the betterment of it.