He deserves a salute as he is taking on the world of drugs!
Irfan Attari Kashmiri thinks a bit differently and love's floating in dangerous playfields and one of them happens to be the arena of drugs where he has plunged himself for a rescue act!
‘For him cyberspace is an unknown and a blank field and the general caution is tread with care! The other is the world of drugs in which the youth are falling prey to the greatest constrictor, the many legged reptiles who run the drug kingdom! So a big welcome to the coliseum where Irfan wages a big war against the killing invisible machines in Kashmir’!
-‘ In this fatally lethal kingdom which has become a sprawling world of profiteering at the cost of the youth, Irfan has taken a dangerous plunge, dangerous because many will not like his ideas and the way of functioning but the man has beans to slog it out against an menace staring at the youth. He incidentally is Chairman Youth For drug free Kashmir ,Kashmir Youth web (Largest Youth based organization in Kashmir)!
-‘ Irfan knows that there has never been a 'war on drugs'! Even if it has been, it has always been left unfinished. In our history we can only see an ongoing conflict amongst various drug users and producers. In ancient Mexico the use of alcohol was punishable by death, while the ritualistic use of mescaline was highly worshipped. In 17th century Russia, tobacco smokers were threatened with mutilation or decapitation, alcohol was legal. In Prussia, coffee drinking was prohibited to the lower classes, the use of tobacco and alcohol was legal. And now everything is illegally illegal as drugs are available in plenty (samaan or maal is the most used terminology or could be white chocolate or chicklet gum!
-‘He believes the fact that truth is the first casualty of war and the war on drugs is no different. Every day both the print and broadcast media bombard the public with a perspective and narrative which has proved to be devastating. This diet of cultural influence and propaganda is unremitting. If the war has to be fought in a rapid fire way then men like Irfan have to hold each other’s hand. Aberrations and bogies are not permissible because someone is earning on the lives of the kids of tomorrow who are rapidly becoming hollow and scratching their fatless skins till they bleed and finally run blue because of the blood drying in the veins and nerves! The end result is pale yellow death with eyes behind black but hollow eye bags with eye balls popping out of the eye sockets!’
-‘He is a writer, speaker and debater and thus is giving identity to the unidentified artists of Kashmir valley, contradicting the human psychology of egotism. Attari's age in comparison to his aspirations and ambitions is exiguous. He is a living messiah fighting for the cultural decay of the valley which is closest to his heart beat as it is not everyone's cup of tea. Having a good hold on cyber security, irfan Attari is providing cyber security help to hundreds of people. Awareness rewarding cyber harassments, cyber scams, cyber frauds and cyber hygiene like topics are most seen to be touched in Irfan's recent work.‘
- ‘An addict will always say that every time I draw a clean breath, I'm like a fish out of water. Obviously it means that he/she wants to stay in dirt, muck and filth scrambling out of his/her brain. But kudos to Irfan as he thinks a bit differently and it can be proven as and when he says, ‘the mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope.’! But still it can be provided if we are prepared to offer them! But my organization and myself are prepared to stretch to the limit!’
-‘The youth received a lot of help from this non-political organization Kashmir Youth For Drug Free Kashmir, Kashmir Youth Web which was founded by Irfan Attari. This is a non-profit public benefit organization and the first youth based organization in the history of Kashmir that has represented the talent and the problems of Kashmir on an international level and also that empowers youth and adults equally.’
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous but it is still available so there is someone needed so desperately in this increasingly mad and dangerous world that has been created by the drug mafia in UT Jammu and Kashmir. The world of the addicts is something like this as they feel that, unlike simple stress, trauma changes your view of your life and yourself. It shatters your most basic assumptions about yourself and your world, thoughts like life is good, I’m safe, people are kind, I can trust others, the future is likely to be good but as the stupor slips off the same thoughts are replaced with fleeting feelings like, the world is dangerous, I can’t win, I can’t trust other people, or there’s no hope. I need another shot to get positive and thus continue life till the day when legs begin to shiver, hands begin to shake and the stomach gets cramped up. It’s almost over and the final sigh….a life is lost consigned to the grave and gobbled up by drugs! Kashmiri’s only endeavor is to save young kids who have got themselves dissolved in this vicious death trap!
I. Something about Irfan:
He always has advice up his sleeve and that is, ‘while the outside world was full of danger, I knew my interior. I was certain that I could oust an intruder there. So just do it!’
* Irfan along with the other members is working on fields but keeping the anti-drug campaign as his priority.
* He says that the motive of our organization is to eradicate the social evils from our valley and the biggest of them all is the drug addiction. We believe it is the chain cuffing the youth from pursuing their real dreams.
* Youth for drug free Kashmir (the name of his organization) is internationally linked with foundation for drug free world and for their aims they have started the distribution of about 1 lakh books regarding the research of drugs (2021) out of which 10,000 books have already been distributed in the districts of Srinagar and Budgam.
* He vociferously says that we’re ready for the door to door campaigning of our books and by this our aim will be to make the Kashmir valley peaceful and fruitful.
* Besides drugs our focus will get on to the unseen and unknown artists of the Valley who’ve worked for a long time in their fields. We’ll work to provide them the platforms they deserve, nationally and internationally as well!
*My only goal is to make our Kashmir drug free and the team I have raised is dedicated to the crusade against drug abuse!
*Teenage is the most vulnerable and crucial, also a sensitive age where one breaks emotionally and needs some kind of support. Due to lack of maturity and sensibility, they opt other ways out of which the main focus drags on drugs.
II. About the organization:
Each and every member of Irfan’s team will invariably say, ‘I don't know what you're getting yourself into, but I know I don't like it. Some things in Kashmir are pure poison. If someone has put you on a demon's tracks, you'd better make sure the demon doesn't find you first. It has already got many!’
* Kashmir youth web & foundation for drug free Kashmir is an organization which emphasizes on the social causes, issues, events/ programs in the Kashmir valley.
*The main motto behind the organization is to provide benefits to the people and make society free from numerous social evils pertaining within it.
*The team of Kashmir youth web and youth for drug free Kashmir comprises youth whose intention is to make their society a better and peaceful place to do well by working on the number of social issues and tend to be supported by their society so that they can work with efficiency.
*There is a need to create awareness among those who are willing to take a leap of death into the sphere of drugs and especially to those who already are a victim of this. In view of all the present situations their basic aim is to help those who have become a part of this drug addiction society by providing them proper counseling and making them aware about the hazardous effects of drugs where death is a certainty!
Wonder how many of our readers have heard about the tale of a Lion and a Rose. Well if they haven’t then just look around and you will find plenty of them scrambling about. Just see around and ponder over what you saw. Every human is a Lion as well as a rose. It’s just the moment of indiscretion where a beautiful rose gets crumpled and Lion reduced to a toothless humble animal! It means behind every hand stained with blood there's another, and that one stays clean. What I'm saying is that behind a demon, there's always someone holding the creature on a leash! Check it out and be away from the silent serpent that gives the kiss of death! That’s the message that Irfan Kashmiri wants to convey!
Email :- [email protected]