Terms and Conditions
Platform, Website Operator, us, we, our - the representative of the avalanches.com website.
Avalanches.com, Service, Website - the avalanches.com website.
Terms and Conditions, Rules - terms and conditions of the platform.
User, you, your - a registered on our Platform individual.
Violator - a User that broke the platform rules.
Content - any piece of content: both Fair Offers and News Posts.
Fair - an improvised local digital marketplace that features Offers - both free and paid products or services.
Fair Offer or Offer - a post on a Fair stream with an intent to sell, trade or give away a product or service.
Offering - a subject of an Offer.
Deal - a relationship between a Buyer and a Seller (not involving the Website Operator).
Seller - a User who posts an Offer.
Buyer - a User who is getting in contact with the Buyer in order to initiate an exchange, to purchase the Offering, or to receive the free Offering.
Introduction to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are an agreement between the Website Operator and a User. This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the avalanches.com website and any of its products or services.
Accounts and membership
- To become a member of Our Platform you must be at least 13 years of age. By using this Website and by agreeing to this Agreement you warrant and represent that you are at least 13 years of age.
- If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account.
- To use all of our Services you will have to verify your account by confirming your phone number. Verified users will be able to use the following services for free:
- Publication and management of new Content on our News Streams;
- Publication and management of new Offers on our Fair;
- Viewing any Content publicly available on our Website.
- You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- We may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if we determine that you have violated any provision of this Agreement or that your conduct, Content, or Offers would tend to damage our reputation and goodwill. If we delete your account for the foregoing reasons, you may not re-register for our Services. We may block your email address and Internet protocol address to prevent further registration.
- A User may only have one account. This term does not apply only if:
- A User has a personal profile and an additional account used for business purposes;
- A User has several business accounts as branches of one company. This may only apply if Fair Posts won’t be spammed or duplicated across the different accounts;
- A User is urged to create another account due to losing access to the previous one (forgotten password).
Although not to be listed as a Terms and Conditions violation, an additional account has to pass verification by the Website Operator. While verifying, a Website Operator remains an authority to freeze the account or permanently delete it in the case of a confirmed Terms and Conditions violation.
- We do not own any data, information, or material ("Content" and “Offers”) that you submit on the Website in the course of using the Service. You shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, appropriateness, and intellectual property ownership or right to use of all submitted Content or Offers.
- We may, but have no obligation to, monitor Content and Offers on the Website submitted or created using our Services by you. Unless specifically permitted by you, your use of the Website does not grant us the license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish or distribute the Content and Offers posted by you or stored in your user account for commercial, marketing, or any other similar purpose.
- A User grants us permission to access, copy, distribute, store, transmit, reformat, display, and perform the Content and Offers of its user account solely as required for the purpose of providing the Services to the User.
- Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, we have the right, though not the obligation, to, in our own sole discretion, refuse or remove any Content or Offers that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of our policies or is in any way harmful or objectionable.
Illegal or Platform rules breaking User actions
- A User has the right to use the Service according to the set Terms and Conditions and its intended purpose, according to the law, and with respect to other individuals. Including the other Platform Users. By this the user is obligated to:
- Avoid actions that would stand in the way of the Service’s normal functioning. Including taking action with the technical aspects of the Service, User profiles, or other informationally-technical elements of the Service;
- Avoid illegal actions, including using the Service to promote materials that break the local law, personal rights, spreading content with terrorist intents, containing or spreading child pornography (or any other kind of explicit pornography), violating intellectual property, or spreading discriminative or racist content.
- Follow all the other rules stated in the Terms and Conditions.
- In case of a successful report from an actual violation, the Website Operator can:
- Instantly block or delete violating content. This way the Platform Users would not have any access to it.
- Conduct research to conclude whether the violation was relative to the Platform Terms and Conditions. The actions will be taken in an appropriate and intelligent manner, including outreach to the informer, Violator, competent authorities, or an outside consultant;
- Inform the Violator before managing their content before the removal, pointing out the violating Content, the violated rules;
- The research could be called off in the case of life-threatening circumstances;
- A Violator remains a right to disagree with the Website Operator blocking or removing their content by providing evidence in their favor to the Website Operator: [email protected]
- In the case of a Violator proving their innocence, their content gets restored.
We are not responsible for Content residing on the Website. In no event shall we be held liable for any loss of any Content. It is your sole responsibility to maintain appropriate backup of your Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, on some occasions and in certain circumstances, with absolutely no obligation, we may be able to restore some or all of your data that has been deleted as of a certain date and time when we may have backed up data for our own purposes. We make no guarantee that the data you need will be available.
- Offers are displayed according to the time and date of their publication: the letter a User makes a post within the Fair Stream, the higher it will appear. The stream features only active offers.
- Avalanches.com is not a transactor and does not belong to any side of the active deals.
- Every Offer posted should meet all of our requirements regarding both Content or Offers, as well as the local laws of the stream that it has been posted in. Here are the requirements specific to the Offers that should be met in order to stay live on our website:
- An Offer should be written in a local to the stream it has been posted in language. English is a universally accepted language that has a global status, meaning that it could be used to create Offers in any country of our Fair;
- A User has to specify the value of an Offer in a local currency (including fees if needed) or its equivalent. It is also possible to set a price open for a discussion or bargaining. Offers without a price (giveaways or free offers), or barter exchange deals can also be placed;
- An Offer should be fully comprehensible and descriptive in regards to what is being offered. The information has to be straightforward and true not to start any confusion;
- If an Offering is a physical object, the Seller should possess it within the country in which it was published;
- If an Offering is a service, the Seller should conduct it within the country in which it was published;
- One Offer should feature no more than one Offerings option;
- It is necessary to point out if the Offering is a single thing or is it numerous. If there’s a package, state the number of products involved in a Deal. State the color options or analog products involved in an offering (does not apply to services);
- An Offer can not include any promotional messages, advertisements, website links, or any other content elements that could lead to platforms that have similar services as Avalanches.com (commercial or non-commercial marketplaces).
- Offers that break the law, duplicate other propositions within the Platform, repeat (spam), contain offensive or pornographic content, frauds, contain medical products, or violate intellectual rights will be instantly deleted by the Website Operator.
Payment for the Offers
- The price stated in the Offer needs to be the actual price expected to be paid by the Buyer.
- To conduct a payment for the Offering, you would need to contact the Seller to discuss the further Deal. The payments can not be conducted without caution. As avalanches.com does not provide any transaction services. Monetary transactions would be executed outside of the Platform. Avalanches.com does not hold responsibility for the fraudulent Deals on our Platform.
- If you have any urgent or severe issue with the Service or any other User, you should reach out to us: [email protected]
- If you have noticed a Terms and Conditions violation in a post, click on an upset face icon and choose the type of issue you are having to leave a complaint. If you feel dissatisfied with a user or think that this person has violated our Terms and Conditions, click on their profile, find the dialogue cloud icon next to the subscribe button, click on it, and choose the type of complaint to report this person. Also, to speed up the enforcement of the rules, you could contact us on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/avalanches.global
- If you choose to message us directly, include a link to your profile and a mobile number, a link to a profile or a Violator, and a fully comprehensive explanation of an issue (preferably in English).
- If your report on an issue completely corresponds to point 3 of the “Complaints” section, Avalanches.com will take action within 15 business days starting from the date when the issue has been fully clarified.
- Our live support line works from Monday to Friday.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Website or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Website. When we do, we will post a notification on the main page of our Website. Continued use of the Website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance of these terms
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us: [email protected]
This document was last updated on August 20, 2021