World news of the Australia
In the Pacific, people were saved thanks to the SOS inscription on the sand
In the Pacific Ocean, three people were saved from a desert island thanks to the SOS inscription on the island's coast.
The men took a 42-kilometer boat trip last week from Puluwat to the Pulap Atolls in Micronesia.
The men lost their course and ran out of fuel, so they docked on the tiny uninhabited island of Lykelot. When the men did not arrive at their destination, rescuers were sent to look for them. After three hours of searching, a US Air Force plane spotted an inscription in the sand.
“Below we saw an island, an SOS sign and a boat right next to it on the beach. From there we called the Australian Navy because they had two helicopters nearby that could land on the island,” the pilot said.
Later, the helicopter successfully landed on the beach, delivering food and water and picking up the men.
A climber fell from the rock in Blue Mountains
A 57-year-old Sydney resident embarked to the Blue Mountains with two his friends for climbing in some touristic sights. And yesterday in the morning he fell off from the rock. Before the midday rescuers came, there were policemen and doctors. The man has been successfully saved and taken to the hospital. He received some serious injures, mostly breaks.
Police inform that the operation was pretty complicated because of the weather conditions. The temperature reached only 4 degrees, so it was quite rude. The alpinists spent the night in the nearest cave.
The fallen man is in hospital and nothing threatens his life.
Easing down of travel restrictions in NSW
Yesterday the Prime Minister of New South Wales announced that June 1 is the date of next wave of easing down the quarantine restrictions in the state. She said that some trips from other state to Sydney will be allowed in summer. The Premier added that this will help not only economy of the state, but whole Australia's economy, so she urged people to booking trips.Besides, libraries and museums will also be opened on with the beginning of the month.
Yesterday four new cases of infection with coronavirus were noticed in the state. Despite being the most stricken with the virus state, New South Wales is the first state which allowed trips from other states. 7000 cases have been here in general, but now number of the infected significantly differs, it is much smaller.
Transport changes in NSW
The Prime Minister of New South Wales told about recent transport changes in the state and especially in Sydney. From now on most commuters will have to give up buses, trams and other public transport. It has happened due to social distancing. Despite easing down the quarantine restrictions, the government created such a law.
Sydney will be more fit for personal cars and other vehicles, according to the Premier. Firstly, parkings will be cheaper and more affordable in general. There will be also more bike lanes in the city.
Only 12 people will be accepted in one bus, everyone must keep to social distancing of 1.5 meters. Police have no rights to fine people for violating it, but the government urges people to being responsible. The Premier also asked to drive not in a rush hour, if possible.
Night at the Sydney Museum
The night at the museum for a single visitor was held in Sydney. True, employees of the institution learned about this only thanks to surveillance cameras.
An unknown man entered the building at night through scaffolding and began to slowly inspect the halls. Of particular interest to him was the tyrannosaurus skull, with which the mysterious visitor took a selfie.
The illegal tour lasted 40 minutes. Then the man borrowed a cowboy hat and left the cultural institution. Now the identity of the connoisseur of natural history and films about Indiana Jones is trying to establish the police.