A certificate of origin is an essential Document for export business without Certificate can't export anything commercially.
Suppose you want to do export business or wish to send goods from India to other countries. In that case, you need a Certificate of origin, and this certificate can get from the Southern Gujarat chamber of commerce and industry if you or your business have in the south Gujarat region. In the same way, you can get a certificate from your local chamber of commerce or from the trade promotion council of India.
Certificate of origin can issue locally by two Trade associations.
- Chamber of commerce (Southern Gujarat Chamber of commerce and industry, Indian Chamber of Commerce)
- Trade promotion council of India
How you can get a certificate of origin from the southern Gujarat chamber of commerce and industry?
SGCCI is authorized by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India and the Director General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics vide letter no. 14(1)74EAC dated 14th May 1974 to issue Certificate of Origin in prescribed Format to exporters as per article 11 of the International Convention relating to Customs.
SGCCI has two official branches which are located in Surat one is the Nanpura area nearby Adajan & Ring Road and the other is Sarsana Khajod gam. SGCCI is Always open from Monday to Saturday and the time is 10: 30 am to 07:00 pm.
Requirements of documents for issuance of ‘Certificate of Origin’
In connection with the above subject, you are requested to submit the following relevant documents and complete the formalities compulsorily: -
- Applicant (Company/Firm/Proprietor) must have the Membership of the Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SGCCI). In case Applicant does not have the Membership, it has to first become the Member and take the Membership No. of SGCCI.
- Final Indemnity Bond & Authority Letter for Signing of Certificate of Origin & Export related Documents, every Financial Year duly sealed and signed by you and duly Indemnity Bond notarised. (Seal of Notary and Signature with document registration number.
- Covering Letter on your Company’s Letter Head giving details regarding the SGCCI Membership No. and GST Registration No. along with the Govt. GST Certificate while applying for the first time. A Draft Format of Covering Letter is attached herewith for your reference.
- Minimum 5 printed copies each of Original Invoices.
- One printed copy of the Original Packing List.
- Self-certified/attested Xerox copy of Original Bill of Lading, duly stamped by Shipping on Board, in case export by Sea / Original Air Way-bill, in case export by Air / Original L.R. final on Board, in case export by Road Way.
- Application for Certificate of Origin (set of 4+1 Application) in the Prescribed Format, duly filled in and signed by you.
- Except Certificate of Origin, if you need any other documents, you have to submit self-certified/attested Party’s Email, L/C Conditions, etc., compulsorily.
- Rs. _____/- will be charged for one Certificate of Origin. In case you need any other documents like, Packing Price List, Declaration, Free Sale Certificate, etc., and you have to pay Rs. ____/- extra charges for each and every document.
How you can get a Certificate of origin in India online?
· Visit DGFT Portal for online Coo Certificate: https://coo.dgft.gov.in
· Prior Registration on the portal
· Log in with valid credentials
· Select Apply for New Certificate of origin
· Fill in initial mandatory details
· Fill in Details of the Exporter and Importer
· Upload Document Details
· Declaration by the Exporter
· Pay the Government fee and Submit the Application
As per the government rules you can take COO (Certificate of Origin) online and offline.