Belfast Telegraph United Kingdom
Pictured: The man due in court over sick video about Noah Donohoe - Belfast Telegraph
THIS is the man due in court over a sick video mocking the disappearance of tragic teenager Noah Donohoe.
THIS is the man due in court over a sick video mocking the disappearance of tragic teenager Noah Donohoe. Jamie Shaw was charged on Friday afternoon by police investigating the clip which was circulated on social media last week. The 26-year-old faces a single count of improper use of a public electronic communications network. He is due to appear before Belfast Magistrates Court on July 23 with the charge being reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service. The nine-second clip originated on the video sharing site Snapchat and features a topless man that police say is Shaw, walking down an alleyway behind a row of houses. The man in the video makes sickening comments about the disappearance of young Noah. Shaw, understood to be from north Belfast, previously worked in a popular Belfast nightclub. The clip was shared on Twitter by a man who said he knows Shaw with the caption: Cant believe I know this guy. It has been viewed more than 47,000 times at time of going to press and attracted almost universal condemnation and disgust. A screenshot of what appeared to be Shaw apologising in a Facebook post was also shared in which he said he f****d up big time and that it was stupid, impulsive behaviour. He wrote: I wholeheartedly apologise for any Snapchats Ive put up and the offence Ive caused everyone, feel ashamed of myself. The video was made at a time when the desperate search efforts were still ongoing for missing Noah but it is not known if any members of the 14-year-olds family have seen the clip. During yesterdays press conference confirming Noahs death, PSNI Superintendent Muir Clark issued a warning to anyone else who may post similar things online: If people post distasteful and deeply untrue rumours, we will investigate that. A person guilty of improper use of a public electronic communications network can face up to six months in jail under the Communications Act. A person is guilty of the offence if they send by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character. Belfast Telegraph
Noah Donohoe: Man charged after social media post about missing Belfast teenager - Belfast Telegraph
A 26-year-old Northern Ireland man has been charged with improper use of public electronic communications network.
A 26-year-old Northern Ireland man has been charged with improper use of public electronic communications network. It's understood the charge is in connection with a social media post regarding missing St Malachy's College Year 10 pupil Noah Donohoe. The 14-year-old was last seen in north Belfast on Sunday evening. The man is due to appear at Belfast Magistrates Court on July 23. As is usual procedure all charges will be reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service. Police commented on the social media post following the man's arrest. "We became aware of social media posts. We are aware of the content of these social media posts and are content there is no truth behind their content," Superintendent Muir Clark said. Belfast Telegraph