Android Authority India
Android News blog dedicated to providing expert tips, news, reviews, Android Phones, Android Apps, Android Tablet, Rooting & Howtos.
Apple search engine likely in development - Android Authority
Google is under antitrust investigation right now, and that could possibly lead to problems for Apple's iPhone experience.
- According to a new report, there are multiple bits of info that strongly suggest an Apple search engine is in the works.
- It is likely Apple is doing this to reduce its reliance on Google for web searches and other search functions.
- Google is under an antitrust investigation at the moment, and that could have bad outcomes for Apple.
Report: Samsung Galaxy S30 will ditch bundled charger and earphones - Android Authority
After criticizing Apple, another report suggests Samsung could follow in the footsteps of the iPhone 12 maker.
- A report from Korea suggests Samsung will follow Apple by ditching the charger from the Galaxy S30 series packaging.
- It adds that Samsung wont include a pair of wired earphones in the box either.
- The Galaxy S30 series is expected to launch in early 2021.
Wait, wasn't every OnePlus phone supposed to have a high refresh rate screen? - Android Authority
Remember when OnePlus said all future phones would offer Fluid Display tech? Did it just break this promise?
- A OnePlus executive previously promised that all future OnePlus phones would have Fluid Display tech.
- However, the OnePlus Nord N100 has a 60Hz LCD screen.
- The company told Android Authority that the promise was in reference to flagship phones.
Facebook is the latest to jump into mobile cloud gaming - Android Authority
It doesn't intend to replace conventional gaming like Google Stadia does, however.
- Facebook has launched cloud game streaming in its app and on the web.
- The first titles are mobile games like Asphalt 9 and WWE SuperCard.
- Facebook doesnt intend to rival Google Stadia or Amazon Luna, however.
Samsung seems to be exploring a phone with a pop-out display - Android Authority
The purpose of the design is to make room for a speaker resonance chamber.
- Samsung has filed a patent for a phone with a pop-out flexible display.
- The purpose of the design is to make room for a speaker resonance chamber.
Samsung Galaxy S30: Hot or not? (Poll) - Android Authority
You've seen the first renders, now tell us what you think.
Over the weekend, we got what are likely our first looks at the Galaxy S30 and Galaxy S30 Ultra when prominent leaker Steve Hemmerstoffer shared renders of the two phones. The images suggest Samsung has gone with a new camera bump design that makes it look like the component is recessed into the back of the phone. In the case of the S30 Ultra, Samsung has also gone back to a slight screen curve. Now that youve had a chance to see the images, what do you think about Samsungs new design? Does the tweaked camera bump make for a better-looking phone? As always, let us know what you think by voting in the attached poll and sharing your thoughts in the comment section. Well feature the best comments in a subsequent article. Well likely see more of the S30 and S30 Ultra sooner than you might think. There have been reports from various publications suggesting Samsung will announce the S30 series either in late January or early February. See also: The best Samsung phones you can buy right now
The Galaxy S30 in January 2021 seems real, and more tech news today - Android Authority
Expect the next Galaxy S flagship to be announced in Jan 2021 but with huge camera bump, plus more tech news you need to know!
Your tech news digest, by way of the DGiT Daily tech newsletter, for Monday, 19 October 2020. The next major Samsung Galaxy S series phone doesnt have a concrete name yet. Its likely to be the Samsung Galaxy S30 series, but its possible Samsung will go with S21, and align with calendar years? We dont know, yet. But that is probably the least interesting thing about Samsungs next major flagship release, and for now just calling it the S30 is where well sit. What is happening is more surprising:
- The S30 may be released in January 2021.
- And a reliable leaker, whos been spot on with the Galaxy S series recently, has shown off the base S30 and the top-spec S30 Ultra.
- Last year, Samsung announced the S20 series on February 11, with the phones going on sale in March, quite a bit later.
- A January announcement therefore is a jump but not a leap as such. Ideally, the phone would be on sale much quicker too.
- Theres some weight to the reports, first tabled by Korean media publications. They cite reasoning as Samsung attempting to take advantage of Huaweis absence, as Huawei struggles to get access to silicon which is hobbling their smartphone releases.
- Android Central then doubled down by reporting a confirmed January release over the weekend, noting its the closest release to an iPhone launch ever.
- So, bank on a January 2021 launch release TBA!
- By late November 2019, leaks of the Galaxy S20 (then dubbed the S11) were appearing from OnLeaks, and while those early camera arrays werent too accurate, the design, shape, and sizing were on point.
- Now, in mid-October, OnLeaks is back at it again.
- Reliable leaker Steve Hemmerstoffer has released video renders of the S30 Ultra and the base S30, showing similar design language to the S20 series, and now with an even bigger camera module on the back.
- The camera bump, should it be accurate, is starting to become unwieldy. Its the same for the iPhone but the unbalanced nature just isnt great. I personally dont care too much, given cases are basically essential on a new phone these days anyway and that reduces any problem.
- While there are no details on internal specs and hardware, we do have some numbers.
- According to Hemmerstoffer, the Galaxy S30 base or standard model will have a 6.2-inch flat screen, with a hole-punch front-facing camera.
- The S30 Ultra has the expected larger screen, with a curve, listed as roughly between 6.7 and 6.9 inches.
- The Ultra also appears to have four camera sensors, with some leaks suggesting two zoom lenses, plus wide and ultra-wide sensors.
- Back to internal specs: itd only be a surprise if the Galaxy S30 series didnt pack the Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 chipset.
- Samsung has a history of introducing the latest Qualcomm flagship into the Galaxy S series, and there arent any credible rumors to suggest that wont happen again in 2021.
- One of the biggest wins with the Snapdragon 875 over the 865 is the expected integrated 5G modem (likely the X60 modem, still largely unknown).
- Just integrating the modem alone will help with smartphone internal designs, and battery life should be better too.
- It could make the S30 series take a big enough jump over the S20 series to be a super worthwhile new smartphone release.
Samsung mocks Apple's lack of charger, but how long until it backpedals? - Android Authority
Samsung previously mocked Apple's lack of a 3.5mm port in videos, only to delete said clips when it dropped the port too.
- A Samsung Facebook page has mocked Apple for dropping the charger from the iPhone box.
- Samsung previously poked fun at Apple for dropping the 3.5mm port, only to do this as well.
Samsung explores a Xiaomi-like dual folding phone design - Android Authority
You could even use it like a laptop.
- Samsung has applied for a patent on a Xiaomi-style dual folding phone design.
- It could serve as a laptop while remaining small enough to carry all the time.
- Its not certain Samsung will use this in a shipping product.
Google Pixel 4a 5G alternatives: iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord, and more - Android Authority
If you like a lot about the phone but not enough to buy it, here are some Pixel 4a 5G alternatives that might work better.
In September 2020, Google officially launched the Google Pixel 4a 5G. As its name implies, its a 5G-powered variant of the Google Pixel 4a, which launched earlier in August. You might like the Pixel 4a 5G quite a bit, but there might be things that dont excite you. Thats where these Google Pixel 4a 5G alternatives come in! See also:Everything you need to know about Google hardware Below, youll find six other phones that deliver a similar experience at similar price points. Granted, some of these handsets will be more expensive, but others will actually be cheaper. With phones in this price range, you really need to factor out which features are the most important to you and then use that as your guide for your decision. Without further ado, here are the best Google Pixel 4a 5G alternatives you can currently find! 1. Google Pixel 5
- Many more premium features with a similar design
- $200 more expensive
- Available unlocked and on many US carriers
- Fewer features but a similar design and software experience
- $150 cheaper
- A wide range of availability in all countries, including India
- Some upgrades (and some downgrades) inside a very Samsung design
- $100 more expensive, but it has frequent discounts
- Available pretty much everywhere
- A very similar phone but with a lower-quality display
- $55 cheaper
- Worldwide availability, but only available on AT&T in the US at the moment
- Equal or better specs across the board
- Less expensive
- Only available in certain countries, and the US isnt one of them
- Mostly lower-quality specs and no 5G, but a much faster processor
- $100 cheaper
- Available pretty much everywhere