Barca Blaugranes, For Bar India
All the latest news and opinion on FC Barcelona
Papers: Barcelona’s Lautaro Martinez exchange, Miralem Pjanic says yes to move - Barca Blaugranes
A look at the top headlines
Fridays papers bring an update on Barcelonas hunt for Lautaro Martinez and talk about all the players they are willing to give up to land the Argentina international. Sport report they have given Inter a list of six players to choose from. They name Rafinha, Arturo Vidal, Nelson Semedo, Junior Firpo, Samuel Umtiti and Jean-Clair Todibo. The Catalans are reportedly doing their best to try and get Martinezs price down and are hopeful of finally landing him for 60m plus two players. Meanwhile, Gazzetta dello Sport report on Friday that Miralem Pjanic has said yes to Barcelona and is ready to say goodbye to Juventus. It seems its now up to the two clubs to come to an agreement which is also likely to include other players being involved in the deal. The report says Juve would be happy to swap Pjanic for Arthur, as they are both valued at around 60m, but Barcelona have offered Ivan Rakitic or Arturo Vidal.
Barcelona to sell Camp Nou naming rights to raise money to fight virus - Barca Blaugranes
The famous stadium will have a new name for one season
Barcelona announced on Tuesday that they will sell the naming rights for the Camp Nou for one season in a bid to raise funds in the battle against the coronavirus. The club have handed over title rights to the Barcelona Foundation who will now be tasked with finding a sponsor for the 2020-2021 season. Heres what the club has had to say in an official statement. Conscious that Barça has a commitment to society that forms part of its identity as more than a Club, the Board of Directors, the governing body chosen democratically by the members and presided over by Josep Maria Bartomeu, have approved the ceding of the title rights to Camp Nou for the season 2020-2021 to the Barça Foundation to raise money to invest in research projects being carried out in Catalonia and the rest of the world involved in the fight against the effects of COVID-19. The full statement is available here. Barca say the search for a sponsor will begin in the next few weeks and say the proceeds of the operation will finance research projects and other projects involved in the battle against the effects of COVID-19, both at a local and international level. Vice-president Jordi Cardoner offered his thoughts on the plan: We want to send a universal message: For the first time someone will have the opportunity to put their name on Camp Nou and the revenues will go to all of humanity, not just Barca. The initiative arose in an emergency situation. We think that we have to have a very quick response, putting our crown jewel at the service (of the fight). Source | Associated Press This will be the first time that the Camp Nou has had a sponsor since it opened in 1957, although there had been plans in place to sell the naming rights for the 2023-24 season.
Barcelona’s Sergio Busquets doesn’t think La Liga season can resume - Barca Blaugranes
The campaign was suspended indefinitely in March
Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets does not think the 2019-20 La Liga season can resume and says it will be too difficult to conclude the campaign. The season was suspended indefinitely in March due to the coronavirus pandemic and there is still no clear indication of when, or indeed if, the competition can return. Busquets has offered his thoughts and thinks the season may have to be called off. I think itll be difficult to resume. I dont think it can be done. At first, I wanted to see how it evolved and now it seems weve reached the peak. Im waiting for good news. I think it will be difficult to resume because of travel, getting everyone together. That will be the problem. Source | Cadena COPE Barcelona had endured a bit of an inconsistent campaign but were top of the table by two points from Real Madrid when La Liga was halted after 27 games played.